Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Practice Walk #3

This third hike, taken last Friday, was also just about a 17-mile day.  I haven't yet managed to plan a longer walk that works well with transport home at the end of the day.  But I think that 3-4 more miles would be do-able at this point.  Friday's route was to Green Gulch Farm on Highway 1 in Marin County, a Zen Buddhist community where I lived for some years.  The hike included some trails over the hills in Marin and the weather was great - not too hot.

I am using and appreciating the walking poles acquired on the previously mentioned Spanish pilgrimage.  For next year's 'long walk', the plan has been to utilize some sort of push/pull cart, since carrying all gear on my back, including water, will not be possible.  As I walk with the poles it seems clear that this cart will have to work either way (pushed or pulled).  I have been looking without much success for something workable so if anyone has an idea (or knows of a local machinist who could fabricate something) it would be great!

A pretty crowded day on the GG Bridge
Surfers off of Fort Point



Miwok Trail 

No comments:

Post a Comment